Digital Age Teaching Course
This past summer TAMRITZ welcomed six schools to the Digital Age Teaching, badge-based online professional development course, including the Epstein School, Kehillah Schechter Academy, Krieger Schechter Day School, Moriah School, Portland Jewish Academy and Seattle Hebrew Academy. The course provided educators an opportunity to take on the role of learner within a supportive, connected learning community. Teachers and administrators were encouraged to embrace the modern learning ethos for the course, which is based on principles of game-like learning, principles of connected learning and project-based learning.
Ethos of Course:
- Hard fun: Challenge yourself, solve problems and embrace interests.
- Play: Learn through tinkering and welcome a messy process.
- Flow: Engage joyously and take satisfaction in creative accomplishments
- Fail fast, fail forward: Fail for fun and learn through multiple iterations.
- Collective wisdom: Stand on the shoulders of your colleagues.
- Naches: Take pride and joy in helping others succeed.
- Curiosity: Create a “need to know” in learners.
- Generosity: Share, participate, comment and engage. Read more