Why should your school join the TAMRITZ Badge Learning Network?
TAMRITZ takes a comprehensive approach to implementing badge learning by focusing on educators, students and schools….
TAMRITZ’s ongoing professional development and community of practice helps educators:
- “Badgify” your school’s current and new curricula into an engaging, learning experience for students.
- Streamline the badge design and implementation process with a user-friendly interface for posting curriculum, uploading badge icons, offering students feedback and tracking learner progress.
- Provide frequent, formative feedback to students.
- Stay abreast of current trends in pedagogy and digital media literacies through a 10-week “Digital Age Teaching” e-course and ongoing workshops, conversations and webinars.
- Collaborate with colleagues within own school and with schools across North America, anytime, anywhere.
- Share badging curricula through the Badging Clearinghouse, a badge learning curriculum exchange including graphics, rubrics and learning pathways.
TAMRITZ’s badge learning platform fosters authentic, collaborative opportunities where students are intrinsically motivated by:
- Collaborating with Jewish peers within own school and with other Jewish Day Schools through online TAMRITZ Learning Network.
- Participating in a social, closed network or “walled garden.”
- Receiving timely and frequent feedback on every step of the learning process.
- Taking ownership of learning.
- Demonstrating understanding and knowledge through transparent learning pathways, artifacts and conversations.
- Enjoying choice in the learning journey through multiple pathways, designed by teachers from their own school.
- Displaying achievements within learning community.
- Developing digital media literacies through rich learning experiences within school and beyond school day.
- Pursuing interests and passions as lifelong learners.
TAMRITZ’s holistic learning approach:
- Places your school on the cutting edge of instructional design and practice.
- Provides your students with a 21st Century education, preparing them for the future.
- Levels up your faculty’s technology integration skills and digital media literacies.
- Relies on your school’s mission, initiatives, culture, curriculum and needs.
- Networks Jewish Day Schools, capitalizing on collective wisdom.
- Applies current research around youth, digital media and learning.